Assistant Professor, General Faculty
Office Hours: MWF 11:00-12:30
Class Schedule: MWF: 9:00-9:50, 10:00-10:50, 1:00-1:50
Writing and Rhetoric
Ph.D. University of Virginia, 2015
B.A. University of Toronto, 2005
- Sound Relations, The Culture of Listening in Modern Medicine (monograph-in-progress)
- “The Repression of the Return: Tennyson’s In Memoriam and the Art of the Unheard Echo,” Victorian Poetry, 2015.
- Review of Victorian Pain, by Rachel Ablow, Princeton UP, Journal of British Studies, 2018.
- “Decisions and Revisions and Revolutions: History as Verse in Thomas Carlyle” (solicited article; under review).
Selected Conferences and Lectures
- Disability Studies Initiative, Scholar Showcase, Emory University, 2018.
- “Recovered But Not Well: The Long Game of Victorian Diagnostics,” Victorians Institute Conference, Furman University, Greenville, SC, 2017.
- “Modern Medicine and the Invention of Poetic Form,” UVa Flash Seminars, 2015.
- “The Art of the Science-Writer,” Undergraduate Research Network, University of Virginia, 2015.
- “Clocking the Razor: From Goethe’s Hexameter to Carlyle’s Guillotine,” Victorian Poetry: Forms and Fashions, West Virginia University, 2013.
- “Prosodic Networks” (conference panel), NAVSA, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2012.
Fellowships and Awards
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Fox Center for Humanistic Inquiry, Emory University, 2017-18
- Doctoral Fellow, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, 2007-10
- Lucy Ingram Morgan Gold Medal in English, University of Toronto, 2005